The thriving maritime city of Liverpool nestled in the north west of England, sits proudly on the eastern side of the Mersey Estuary. Loved for its rich vibrancy in art, culture, music and history – the city is a fantastic destination for a great day out that everyone will enjoy. From shops to museums, cafes and restaurants and plenty in between, a day out in Liverpool has something for everyone.
Take a look at some of our favourite ways to enjoy a day by the Mersey below:
• Fans of Liverpool’s most famous musical export will make a beeline to The Beatles Story Museum on the stunning UNESCO World heritage site at the Albert Dock. Home to a dazzling array of memorabilia, imagery, sounds and exclusive interviews – the museum is the world’s largest permanent exhibition devoted to the life and times of the fab four. So why not Come Together for a fantastic day out everyone will enjoy. https://www.beatlesstory.com
• Treat yourself to a day of retail therapy with a visit to Liverpool’s premiere shopping destination, Liverpool One. Featuring over 170 shops, bars and restaurants over five districts, Liverpool One sits in the heart of Liverpool with views of the waterfront. It’s a great place to relax, unwind or shop till you drop! https://www.liverpool-one.com
• Make a day of it at The Tate Liverpool and immerse yourself in modern and contemporary British Art spanning from the 16th century to the modern day. Entry is free and there is so much to see https://www.tate.org.uk
• Get a birds-eye view of the city from the top of a double decker bus courtesy of Sightseeing Liverpool, a hop on and hop off bus tour that allows you to explore the city at your own pace. Book online and get 2for1 entry when you get there by train https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/sightseeing-liverpool
• Take a stroll through history and learn about Liverpool’s rich maritime heritage with a visit to the world-famous Merseyside Maritime Museum. Situated in the Royal Albert Dock, you can discover the vitality of Liverpool’s maritime history or take time to explore the stunning “Titanic and Liverpool” exhibition. http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/maritime/
Get inspired for more great days out to Liverpool by train at https://www.visitliverpool.com
Enjoy 2for1 entry to a host of top Liverpool attractions when you go by train, find out more and plan your day out here.